The five books are:
- “The Essential Guide to Catholic Prayer and the Mass” by Mary DeTurris Poust
- “Study Guide for The Lamb’s Supper” by Scott Hahn
- “A Biblical Walk Through the Mass: Understanding What We Say and Do in the Liturgy,” by Edward Sri
- “Jesus and the Jewish Roots of the Eucharist: Unlocking the Secrets of the Last Supper” by Brant Pitre.
- “The Eucharistic Prayer: A User’s Guide,” by Barry Hudock
Read Sammons' entire story.
As Sammons noted, there a several worthy books available for Catholics to deepen their participation in the Mass. Another title, "Lectio Divina Bible Study: The Mass in Scripture," by Stephen J. Binz, uses the ancient practice of lectio divina to provide 30 lessons on the Eucharist, leading individuals and groups through listening, understanding, reflecting, praying and acting Scripture passages. According to Cardinal Donald Wuerl of Washington, D.C., the book "is an insightful resource for individual and group study by Catholics who wish to further their understanding of the biblical roots of the Mass and the meaning of the upcoming changes in the Mass prayers."